Drum Carpet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drum Carpet

Post  Princey77 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Don't forget to bring a bit of carpet to park your kit on or you'll be doing a Torville and Dean Sliding around the arena floor!! Arrow

I've got an old piece of the living room carpet that has seen me through many a gig.

study
avatar
Princey77

Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-06-11
Location : Stockport. Manchester

View user profile http://www.stickittoms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  OriginalAnimal on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Princey77 wrote:Don't forget to bring a bit of carpet to park your kit on or you'll be doing a Torville and Dean Sliding around the arena floor!! Arrow

I've got an old piece of the living room carpet that has seen me through many a gig.

study

Is it big enough for all of us Embarassed


It has been mentioned in the kit thread, but well worth re iterating, I use barrier matting

and don't forget your cowbell Very Happy
avatar
OriginalAnimal

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-06-11
Location : Leicester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  Princey77 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Cowbell already packed and ready to ROCK!!!
avatar
Princey77

Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-06-11
Location : Stockport. Manchester

View user profile http://www.stickittoms.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  chopper on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 am

OriginalAnimal wrote:
Princey77 wrote:Don't forget to bring a bit of carpet to park your kit on or you'll be doing a Torville and Dean Sliding around the arena floor!! Arrow

I've got an old piece of the living room carpet that has seen me through many a gig.

study

Is it big enough for all of us Embarassed


It has been mentioned in the kit thread, but well worth re iterating, I use barrier matting

and don't forget your cowbell Very Happy

I have a lovely rubber backed mat that i assume used to be in the entrance to an office. A guitarist lent it to me a few years ago and i never gave it back (not that he'd want it as it stinks of stale spilt beer!!).

I don't have a cowbell but i do have a plastic LP woodblock or a mounted tambourine. Will they do? pig
avatar
chopper

Posts : 93
Join date : 2009-06-12
Location : Tyldesley, Nr Manchester

View user profile http://www.bigwrocks.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  OriginalAnimal on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am

A plastick wood block affraid

Go out and buy thee a cowbell

The world will end without more cowbell Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
OriginalAnimal

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-06-11
Location : Leicester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  chopper on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:34 am

Maybe i could improvise with an old pan or something? rabbit
avatar
chopper

Posts : 93
Join date : 2009-06-12
Location : Tyldesley, Nr Manchester

View user profile http://www.bigwrocks.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  GTR300JOHN on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:29 am

Cowbell... check.
what about high hat tambourine?? Laughing

GTR300JOHN

Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  jpfern_uk on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:45 pm

GTR300JOHN wrote:Cowbell... check.
what about high hat tambourine?? Laughing

your just showing off now... lol!! Razz
avatar
jpfern_uk

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drum Carpet

Post  Monkeymanimal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:36 am

I got me a nice Pearl Crash Mat, with the fancy Pearl monogrammed wedge at the front. Rolls neatly into a rather small nylon bag, although every time I use it, getting the damned thing back in the bag seems to get more difficult! scratch
avatar
Monkeymanimal

Posts : 12
Join date : 2009-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  Caz on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:25 am

Monkeymanimal wrote:I got me a nice Pearl Crash Mat, with the fancy Pearl monogrammed wedge at the front. Rolls neatly into a rather small nylon bag, although every time I use it, getting the damned thing back in the bag seems to get more difficult! scratch

How posh!

I'm just bring a scruffy old rug from Ikea. Had many a beer spilled on it during gigs! But it does the job Laughing
avatar
Caz

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 37
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  FenTiger on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:17 am

I've just phoned the local flooring suppliers and scrounged some. pirat
avatar
FenTiger

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-06-20
Location : Eastern England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drum Mat

Post  P_Royale on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 am

FenTiger wrote:I've just phoned the local flooring suppliers and scrounged some. pirat

pirat Me too, my partners Bro has his own flooring company managed to get a 2M X 2M piece of thick cord, trimmed it down to 2M X 1.8M. pirat

I might trim it further after the Gig as I dont think my drum kit is going back into storage for another 10+ years Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink

Keep on Wombling lol!
avatar
P_Royale

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-06-28
Age : 52
Location : Chadderton OLDHAM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  Smoff on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:26 pm

I have a large square of lino - will that do?? Embarassed

Smoff - no 483!
avatar
Smoff

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Tamworth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drum Carpet

Post  P_Royale on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Smoff wrote:I have a large square of lino - will that do?? Embarassed

Smoff - no 483!

Hi Smoff
Lino should be fine, its use is to stop us all moving around the arena which might be fun when we are all playing lol Very Happy but not so good for the world record Embarassed
avatar
P_Royale

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-06-28
Age : 52
Location : Chadderton OLDHAM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  M J Boylin on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:22 pm

i dont have a carpet or rug but i do have them big thick black mats
Yanno the type ya see at a public play area (or playground)

Would they slip around on the floor ??

(Wanna meet me ... just look out for the fool with the HUGE rubber mats)

**Edit i now have a rather old school looking rug, thats bigger than luxembourg**
avatar
M J Boylin

Posts : 14
Join date : 2009-07-07
Age : 26
Location : Birkenhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drum Carpet

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum